Asbestos Awareness training for Northern Ireland
The Asbestos Awareness Training Course highlights the health and safety risks posed by asbestos, describes places and products where asbestos can be found, describes how both staff and employers can minimise the risk of exposure to asbestos, provides an overview of the legislation surrounding asbestos, asbestos management and asbestos waste and emergency procedures.
By the end of the Asbestos course you should be able to:
- Discuss the history, origins and uses of Asbestos and where it is found
- Be aware of the health hazards caused by asbestos and its routes of entry into the body
- Identify products and locations where asbestos containing materials are likely to be
- Outline employers, employees and duty holder’s duties in relation to asbestos
Asbestos Course Content
- What is asbestos?
- Health hazards of asbestos
- Asbestos uses
- Asbestos legislation
- Dealing with asbestos waste
- Emergency procedures
What is asbestos
The lesson discusses the history and origins of asbestos and where it is found. It identifies the different types of asbestos, their distinguishing characteristics and properties.
The Health Hazards of Asbestos
This lesson identifies and highlights the health hazards caused by asbestos and its routes of entry into the body. It identifies high risk groups and workers more susceptible to asbestos related diseases.
This lesson identifies products and locations where asbestos containing materials are likely to be found. It also covers emergency procedures to follow if you discover asbestos.
Legislation and Asbestos
This lesson discusses the historical context of asbestos legislation and provides an overview of asbestos legislation in recent years.